[Sca-cooks] pickling

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Jul 17 07:21:44 PDT 2012

Curiously about the wooden pickling vats, I actually remember seeing some
around 1970 in Wiggins, MS.  There was an old, still operating pickle
factory there.  The vats as I remember them were about five feet high and
seven feet in diameter built like barrels.  They were old then and looked
it.  The factory couldn't compete with newer facilities and went out of
business later in the '70s.  The wood was salvaged from the factory and
showed up on This Old House in the mid-80s.

Bear