[Sca-cooks] pickling

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Jul 16 02:43:55 PDT 2012

What I really wonder is if there is any evidence of waxed barrels used for pickling (or other things) or if there are any extant examples of crockery that would be used for the same. I agree that pickles don't need to age and that I can only imagine pickling in inert crockery with sterilized within an inch of their life jars but what did they do?
The pickle recipes I have seen don't say much about the containers.
Has anyone found any that do?
Eduardo