[Sca-cooks] Copper cookware prevents food poisoning

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jul 16 15:47:46 PDT 2012

Yeah, the components of verdigris can be pretty poisonous.

Copper, when used in cookware, has its benefits, but there are also
drawbacks, aside from poisoning from verdigris. It is often used to
beat egg whites- the copper makes the meringue fluffier. And, there
are people who swear by it for making, among other things, applesauce.
However, there are very good reasons it is tinned, including what it
can do to flavors. I strongly suggest you do more research, before you
spend any amount of money on copperware.