[Sca-cooks] Carolingian Foodways by Volker Bach

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Jul 23 16:39:55 PDT 2012

Ok, going through the copy I have, it appears to be a PDF, and I'm
having a vague memory that he sent it to me sort of as an advance copy.
Sorry, not online.

I do remember going through it the first time and being exasperated that
apparently we'd been doing the same work on opposite sides of the globe!
If I had known I could have strip-mined, er, collaborated on sources!

Also found, also to my exasperation, that googling 'Carolingian food'
turned up stuff... written by me...

Liutgard

On 7/23/2012 2:49 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:04:36 -0700
> From: Patricia Dunham <chimene at ravensgard.org>
>> yeah, where please? I've just been hunting madly and can't find anything like that
>> title.  OR... IS IT ON A SUBSCRIPTION PAGE?
>>
>> Professor Carlin's page refers to the Eberhard and Inntal papers, but there is no
>> other ref to Volker Bach on her page.
>>
>> There are 3 Volker Bach translations (Eberhard, Inntal & Konigsburg) at the
>> Florilegium, FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section. but those are all 15th C.
> Volker/Gianno's three manuscript translations are also on my website, with a few corrections and updates, which i think are not in the Florilegium versions.
>
> Can't help with the location of his Carolingian CA, sorry.
>
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at:
http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/