[Sca-cooks] foie gras, was Ambergris

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jun 1 14:41:48 PDT 2012

>  My current culinary luxury obsession is foie
>gras. I can only get it here until the end of
>the month when prohibition kicks in. Yes, I will
>be exploring the period foie recipes at both the
>upcoming cooks playdates (West Kingdom A&S and
>West An Tir War).

Rumpolt doesn't use the term foie gras, but has a
recipe for fattened goose liver.

Ganß  5.  Roasted goose liver wrapped with a
calves caul fat/ and nicely clean roasted/ when
you dress it/ then give a green broth under it/
or a brown broth/ that is not sour.  And I have
roasted liver from a goose that the Jews in
Bohemia fattened/ that weighed a three pounds and
some ounces.  One can also make a pottage from
it/ as was  previously told.

Ranvaig