[Sca-cooks] foie gras, was Ambergris

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:01:35 PDT 2012

Is morteruelo made off liver? I ate it only once, in the beautiful
Middle Age city of Cuenca, in Spain, and I could not decide which the
ingredients was, it was oats and fat and the meat was jellified. Maybe
as a kind of haggis or the Swedish pölsa.
Ana

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sharon Palmer wrote:
>
>> Rumpolt doesn't use the term foie gras, but has a
>> recipe for fattened goose liver.
>>
>> Gan?  5.  Roasted goose liver wrapped with a
>>
>> calves caul fat/ and nicely clean roasted/ when
>> you dress it/ then give a green broth under it/
>> or a brown broth/ that is not sour.  And I have
>> roasted liver from a goose that the Jews in
>> Bohemia fattened/ that weighed a three pounds and
>> some ounces.  One can also make a pottage from
>> it/ as was  previously told.
>>
> Would morteruelo be qualified as foie gras as it is a  liver sauce?
> Suey

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci