[Sca-cooks] Somewhat OT: Historical Household Names using Food

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:20:45 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

One of my students is really wanting to register her household name officially. She wants to use basically House Pineapple as the name. Originally, she looked up middle eastern names.

The name was rejected as the heralds couldn't find any documentable proof of any households in period using food as a name.

I realize this isn't a heraldry list, but a foodie list and I thought out if all the intelligent people out there, you all might know of precedence of some estate or house... Something she can use to document House Pineapple. It doesn't need to be Middle Eastern either. Any culture is fine with leanings toward Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Etc.

I seem to remember reading about a household that was named after a pomegranate... But I can't remember where I read about it. I think it was Italian. I hate it when my mind just remembers odds and ends, and I can't link them up for real usefulness.

Any help would be fantastic.

Sorry for bandwidth hogging.

--Mercy

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse any typos or odd autocorrection errors