[Sca-cooks] OT: Final Vorkosigan Book?

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 09:10:59 PDT 2012

On 6/22/2012 4:54 PM, Jim and Andi Houston wrote:
> *heaves sigh of relief*
>
> That's one of my favorite series, one of just 3 series I ever re-read. I'm
> actually reading the omnibus "Young Miles" right now.
>
> Madhavi

I reread the Vorkosiverse except for Falling Free [which happens 200ish
years prior to the rest of the series] and Ethan of Athos which is sort
of sideways in the universe [it is what happens to Elli on a visit home,
no other people from the main series pop in though the ghem chasing
TerranceC shows up in Cetaganda as someone calling in as an interruption
in another conversation.] particularly Memory, A Civil Campaign and
Cryoburn. I also reread the Wide Green World series and Curse of
Chalion. I got creative and turned the entire Vorkosiverse series into a
single long EPUB book file. Now I will have to slot this last book in.

I like ELizabeth Moon's Paskennarion books, I just got The Story of
Gerd. Her Herris Serrano universe is ok, but not my favorite. I like
David Weber's Honorverse series, the first 4 or 5 books. When she
started to become Diety Level it started to lag for me. I also like the
Belisarius Series by Drake/Flint and reread that series frequently.

I did get the 5 Game of Thrones books, and am frustrated by some of the
'GoT Dinner Menus' that are circulating on line that have vaguely mild
connections to period foods but are all about how medieval they are
<rolleyes until I fall over from vertigo> and I still have managed to
totally not see Titanic, though the cookbook is a blast. I need to start
cooking from it again. The barley soup recipe looks like a good comfort
food soup for winter.