[Sca-cooks] OT: Final Vorkosigan Book?

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 09:00:22 PDT 2012

On 6/22/2012 3:16 PM, Elise Fleming wrote:
> >E-ARC of Lois Bujold's final Vorkosigan book is out, reading that now.
>
> Do you mean the latest book or the last one she will write in the
> series?  And, what is the title that you have?
>
> The book, "Memory", is the one I particularly re-read after I stepped
> down from doing Pennsic classes after 6 years (5 in a row).  I
> certainly empathized with Miles who didn't know what he was going to
> do when he couldn't be the Admiral - and I didn't know what I was
> going to do after I stopped coordinating Pennsic classes.  I
> understood his angst.
>
> Alys K.
The final book written for the Vorkosiverse, and the title is Captain
Vorpatril's Alliance. Well worth reading =)

I think this will replace Memory as my 'comfort read' [a book you grab
when you are achy and just want to read something familiar] Though I
admit that once alzheimers hit my mom, reading about Simon's memory
problems became a bit more painful though my favorite part of memory is
when Miles first gets the dog collar and makes his first visit to
Cockroach Central.