[Sca-cooks] foie gras - morteruelo

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:06:07 PDT 2012

I should rather call it a terrine not a foie gras, I mean the foie
gras is a pate, very smooth, and the morteruelo I ate in Cuenca had
another consistence, you could not have it as a spread.
In the morteruelo the meat was very chunky and you could discern it
was different meats, in despite I was not able to identify them :)
Ana with fond memories from Cuenca, where we ate in a restaurante
hanging from a mountain,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcp_dmoz/5168900317/

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ana Valdes  wrote:
>>
>> Is morteruelo made off liver? I ate it only once, in the beautiful Middle
>> Age city of Cuenca, in Spain, and I could not decide which the ingredients
>> was, it was oats and fat and the meat was jellified. Maybe as a kind of
>> haggis or the Swedish p?lsa. Ana
>
> The traditional ingredients for moteruelo from Cuenca, which happens to be
> regarded as the best in Spain are:
> 1/2 wild hare or rabbit
> 1 partridge
> 1/4 hen
> 1/4 serrano ham
> 1/4 pig liver
> 1/4 panceta (bacon)
> 300 gr breadcrumbs
> 150 cc olive oil
> salt
> pepper
> paprika
> caraway
> ground cloves and cinnamon
>
> Could that be qualified as foie gras or not?
> Suey

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci