[Sca-cooks] Young Walnuts, was Honey Bacon War Siege Cooking review

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:50:59 PDT 2012

On 6/23/2012 8:36 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> IIRC, someone in our Kingdom (Aurelia de Montfort) made this sort of thing with young walnuts off her own tree a few years back. I was excited to try it, but apparently few people were, being put off by its tarry black appearance. Oh, well, they don't know what they missed!

I admit, that would pretty much turn me off. I also have textural
problems with something that to me needs a firm bite but ends up
jellyish. <shudder> or if I end up with a tiny fragment of hard like
eggshell or nut shell - I think it actually dates back to an emergency
room run for a fishbone stuck in my throat at 5 years old. For years I
refused to eat fish until it was thoroughly mashed up, and dressed with
butter and lemon.