[Sca-cooks] Rectifying Bitter Medieval Recipes

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:33:34 PDT 2012

On 6/28/2012 4:04 PM, Suey wrote:

> At the risk of decorating the kitchen again, I shall try again - the
> family says that when I finished extracting the arils (seed sacs)
> yesterday it looked like the Inquisition had hit the kitchen!
Gently cut the fruit around the equator, and while holding over a mixing
bowl twist apart gently. Once you have 2 hemispheres, sort of gently
remove the arils with a spoon over the bowl. I prefer to snap off the
outer shell a piece at a time and schuck out the arils by hand but some
people don't like playing with their food. As long as you are gentle,
they won't break and spurt juice.

Have you ever thought of buying a bottle of Knudsons 100% pomegranite
juice? straight pom juice, no fillers or additives, and I think not from
concentrate. Saves loads of time.