[Sca-cooks] Four queries

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Fri Jun 29 04:02:02 PDT 2012

Best I have found is that he wrote on different subjects. The first one
published in 1975 on something that appears to be food related (I don't read
French and SO is asleep)
L'Europe a table: Introduction a une psychosociologie des pratiques
alimentaires
Then there is
Les liturgies de la table: Une histoire culturelle du manger et du boire
(French Edition) by Léo Moulin (1988)
Currently there is
Eating and Drinking in Europe - A Cultural History
It is possible that I do not have the right Leo Moulin.

I did find a rough translation on line of Ouverture de Cuisine
http://www.medievalcookery.com/notes/ouverture.html
and photos of the original book (in French)
http://images.kbr.be/multi/LP_73_AViewer/imageViewer.html

For cartoufle, what little I can glean, the word cartoufle is similar to the
German Kartoffel which means potato.