[Sca-cooks] Trdelnik query

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Jun 2 21:55:21 PDT 2012

On 5/31/12 3:57 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> OK, i dragged the massive Ibn Sayyar al-Warraq to the cafe so i could enter this for youse guys and guyettes. I think i removed all the special characters...
>
> > From Chapter 103 - Making Decoration and Ornamentations for Desserts
>
> (p. 425 of Nasrallah's translation)
> A recipe for halaqim (1) used for decorating desserts

Recipe omitted.

I've made qananit--it's in the Miscellany. I don't think either it or
the recipe you give corresponds to Trdelnik. To begin with, trdelnik is
cooked over coals, rotating to get it even--of the other two, one is
fried and one is baked. And they are stuffed with a filling and sealed
at the ends, which doesn't fit the descriptions I've seen of Trdelnik.

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com