[Sca-cooks] Made in America cast Iron Pans

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 2 22:09:21 PDT 2012

<<< With all due respect to the good gentles of the Outlands, I really
can't
see paying $700 for Colorado, unless you're collecting the whole set.
It's. . . a rectangle.

Brighid ni Chiarain
(from the $250 State of New Jersey) >>>

Lol.

I noticed they didn't include Hawaii or Alaska. Alaska would be even
more expensive than Texas and Hawaii would be difficult as a bunch of
little pans!

I did order from Edward Hamilton Books recently this book but I
haven't gotten it yet, so I don't know if it is any good.

How the States Got Their Shapes
  by Mark Stein

I can't get to their website, despite them giving the address in their
catalog, I keep getting just ads but here is a description from
another site:
"Why does Oklahoma have that panhandle? Did someone make a mistake?

We are so familiar with the map of the United States that our state
borders seem as much a part of nature as mountains and rivers. Even
the oddities—the entire state of Maryland(!)—have become so engrained
that our map might as well be a giant jigsaw puzzle designed by Divine
Providence. But that's where the real mystery begins. Every edge of
the familiar wooden jigsaw pieces of our childhood represents a
revealing moment of history and of, well, humans drawing lines in the
sand.

How the States Got Their Shapes is the first book to tackle why our
state lines are where they are. Here are the stories behind the
stories, right down to the tiny northward jog at the eastern end of
Tennessee and the teeny-tiny (and little known) parts of Delaware that
are not attached to Delaware but to New Jersey."

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris