[Sca-cooks] Offboard/onboard was Diabetic needs

Tre trekatz at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 00:15:07 PDT 2012

I know that in our area, at least, there is a Feast Cap that is generally due to seating availability. At one feast, we even had to count seats for children who weren't eating, because the space was so tight.

Space is really the only issue I can see for not letting off-board people eat in the same hall.

Since it has been a while since we discussed this, I want to put in a request/vote for those who are eating "offboard" to be able to eat sitting among their friends, rather than being off in another section or evicted from the feasthall.

Yes, I realize that allowing non-feasters to eat in the feast hall does complicate serving, and in a few cases there simply isn't enough room. But when it is possible I think it should be done.

In Ansteorra, you can almost always eat with your friends even if you don't purchase the feast, but that apparently isn't true in many (most?) areas.