[Sca-cooks] How to compact kitchens and alleviate back stress

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:15:02 PDT 2012

We are renovating our kitchen which looks like a very narrow, tiny
trolley car. We want to make space for a side by side frig. Also
Theromix just came to our country so we want to make a pop up cabinet
for that. With that acquisition we will be getting rid of several
appliances, thus compacting space in the long run. With the frig we will
be loosing cabinet space. We will be gaining drawers cause we are
increasing the height of the lower cabinets to a yard or 1 meter so like
over the dishwasher we will have a draw - hopefully to compensate for
storage space.
We have a carpenter to make all the cabinets fit to measure.
The increased height is due to my back problems. I cannot stand for very
long because of the pain of all the screws in my backbone. Also we are
putting in a - I do not know what it is called in English - a 5 cm
rubber floor covering imitation wood. My Pilates professor has put it
into her gym and it is easier on the back than wood, ceramic or other
floor types.
Any suggestions about how to compact kitchens and/or how to alleviate
stress on the back would be much appreciated as we are still working on
the drawing boards.
Suey