[Sca-cooks] Hildegard's recipes wasRe: American Substitution and Translation

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon May 7 10:21:27 PDT 2012

If this is From St. Hildegard's Kitchen, then the recipes are modern
(potatoes, tomatoes, choclate, etc.).

It is worth noting that the term "kvass" shows up in Russian around mid-16th
Century according to one source.  However, the oldest recipe (sort of) for
beer made from barley bread is Sumerian, about 3500 years old (IIRC).

Bear