[Sca-cooks] Vigil buffet for my squire

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:16:10 PDT 2012

This weekend will be the first time any of my squires have been elevated
to knighthood.  We just found out about it last weekend so things have
been a bit of a rush. Naturally he wanted me to do the vigil buffet.

Not having much time to plan or cook things from scratch I've had
to kind of do some shortcuts. So, nothing fancy here but I hope it is
nice. My basic premise is for everything to be able to be eaten with
the fingers, no soups or salads or such, and it can all be room temp.

Luckily I do have some things prepared. So the tentative menu:

Cold chicken legs, marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic
salt & pepper and baked.

Cold homemade sausages: chicken/roasted garlic/red wine,
chicken & apple, pork & venison.
Served with spicy and sweet mustards.

Chorizo & cheese empanadas (he wanted something Spanish)

Grilled tri-tips with a spicy rub.

Mini-quiches: lorraine and cheese.

Spanish olives.

Spanish cheeses with candied walnuts

Phylo cups filled with a cherry/peach compote

Cream puffs, because he loves them.

Shortbread cookies with lemon curd.

Fresh fruit.

Orange Barley Water

There have been offers from other people to bring:

Gazpacho (per his request)

Prinz Biskit

Apple tarts.

Most of the stuff I'm doing is homemade so I hope that makes up for
the rushed nature and non-periodness of most items.
Still, I think he will be pleased with it. I just hope enough people come
out to eat it all!

Gunthar