[Sca-cooks] Made in America cast Iron Pans

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue May 1 22:49:50 PDT 2012

On 5/1/2012 8:42 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> <<< A rather different set of cast iron pans.
>
> WI-based FeLion's "Made In America" series consists of 48 hand-poured,
> cast iron skillets that are intricately shaped like every contiguous
> US state. Assemble them all to create a map measuring nearly 10ft wide
> and weighing in at a very American 550lbs, or grab your fave states
> individually (either "seasoned" or not) to whip up meals like:
>
> http://felionstudios.com/pans/
>
> Johnnae >>>
>
> Interesting. I thought that $30 extra was steep for the seasoned version.
>
> Then I saw the cost of the individual pans! Obviously the price has no
> correspondence to the cost of living in that particular state!
>
> $2500 for Texas!
>
> Stefan
> wonder if you could get them cheaper in Asia... :-)

Asia would be a pain though- all of those little islands? ;-)

I must note here that the Oregon pan is going for $700, and the
Washington pan for $500. Gunthar, I keep telling you...

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: