[Sca-cooks] Minor rant - allergies and following

salbert morgana at gci.net
Tue May 8 21:53:20 PDT 2012

Our small barony has a high proportion of gluten intolerants, including
one of our head cooks. She works hard to offer alternatives in most dishes.

The most annoying problem I've seen is the cook who assured the inquirer
that "everything's okay," after specific info was requested about the
food, only to arrive at the event and look at the list of ingredients
and discover almost everything was NOT okay. Especially annoying when
feast had already been paid for.

Philosophically, I think trying to accommodate as much as we can without
breaking the bank or driving ourselves crazy is good. But ultimately, if
someone has lethal allergies, they should take responsibility for their
owns lives, and if not absolutely sure, make other eating arrangements.

Feasting is just one of the activities one can enjoy in the Society . . .

Morgana yr Oerfa
Winer's Gate/Oertha/West