[Sca-cooks] Offboard/onboard was Diabetic needs

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Fri May 11 10:17:49 PDT 2012

> Also those 1/2 price children's portions add up. 15 children
> equals another adult table of 8 servings. Well, 7.5 anyway.
> Finding out at the last minute that the event troll sold children's
> tickets but never kept a count of those can be a last minute
> nightmare.

Our barony's policy, brought on by too many feasts with uncertain numbers,
is that a feast spot is a feast spot - if you sit in an "onboard" chair, you
pay the full onboard price - kid or no. Because no matter who is eating the
meal, it is never served with 'kid sized portions' factored into the
plating. Since everyone gets a full-sized portion, that is what we charge
for. Parents who wish to sit two small kids on the same chair (or squeeze in
side-by-side chairs) so the kids can share a portion are welcome to do so,
or even to have a kid on their laps sharing the parent's meal (which happens
anyway, right? All toddlers seem to want to eat off of their mommy's
plate!).

Once the reasoning for the policy was explained, we haven't had anything but
full support from the group populace. Everyone just pursed their lips,
nodded their heads, and said, "Well, that makes sense. A chicken thigh is a
chicken thigh no matter the size of the eater."

Hrothny