[Sca-cooks] Trdelnik query

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun May 27 07:16:43 PDT 2012

We're currently in Prague, which seems a very pleasant city to visit.
One of the local products, mainly for tourists, is a pastry called
"Trdelnik," which is claimed to be old. It's made by wrapping dough
around a wooden cylinder then "baking" it over coals, continually
turning the cylinder.

Does anyone here know if it's period, and if there are any period
recipes? It's another way of producing pastry without an oven, in
addition to our two Islamic frying pan pastries, so might be useful for
Pennsic and similar contexts.

David/Cariadoc