[Sca-cooks] Medieval Jewish Banquet

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 03:45:12 PST 2012

I thought it was interesting in that what they were recreating: "The dinner added flavor -- literally -- to an academic conference on medieval Jewish life in Bevagna, a town where Jews lived from the early 14th century until they were expelled from all of Umbria in 1569. "There were probably never more than two or three Jewish families in Bevagna," …..No Jews today live in Bevagna, and only a few dozen Jews live in all of Umbria." But for tourism sake, "We are thinking now of adding Jewish components to our annual medieval festival," she told JTA between courses. "

Johnnae

>>> medieval-jewish-banquet-in-**small-italian-town-resurrects-**forgot-menus<http://www.jta.org/news/article/2012/10/17/3109541/medieval-jewish-banquet-in-small-italian-town-resurrects-forgot-menus>