[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving trends

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 22:23:27 PST 2012

We aren't going to friends and I don't think there will be any orphans
attending at our place
so it will be just the two of us. Instead of a big turkey I'll be roasting
a breast and six thighs
(she likes white meat and I like thighs) using vegetables as a roasting
rack. Then I'll puree
the veggies and drippings and make a gravy with that.
Cornbread dressing, turnips (ick), devilled eggs, roasted sweet potatoes
(no marshmallow junk),
sauteed broccilini. Homemade pumpkin tart for dessert.

The local Sprouts has free range turkeys and turkey parts so I'm getting
the turkey there as
well as some necks and backs to make stock with. Gotta have the
after-Thanksgiving turkey
risotto, dont'cha know?

Even though it is small, we love Thanksgiving. Especially since Elizabeth
goes into surgery
the next week.

Gunthar