[Sca-cooks] Olive Oil

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Thu Nov 22 16:26:36 PST 2012

Interesting video -- very informative on how the types of oil vary depending on kind of olive, degree of ripeness, etc. Here's a source from 11th century Seville on the cultivation of olives. About 1/3 way down are instructions on extracting the oil. Not something that I as an East Kingdom person could experiment with easily, but maybe someone from the West Kingdom might try this or some other period methods.

http://www.filaha.org/khayr_final_translation_revised.html