[Sca-cooks] Feast at Mategrifon

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 08:24:41 PDT 2012

Johnnae wrote:
You might also try and see Habeeb Salloum's chapter on "Sicily" in Regional Cuisines of Medieval Europe: A Book of Essays.  Edited by Melitta Weiss Adamson. New York; London: Routledge, 2002.

Actually found his essay online, with some of his recipes. Really kind of disappointed; he doesn't take a good look at extant Arab recipes from the medieval period for a comparison and his recipes are modern-day ones that use tomato and hot peppers and vanilla. Glad I didn't buy the book.

However, I was inspired to see if Anna Martellotti's book was finally on AbeBooks. Two copies of it were. One of them is now on its way to me.

YIS,
Adelisa