[Sca-cooks] Awful Trip...Marcus Loidolt

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Oct 11 12:54:03 PDT 2012

I'm sorry, you've just hurt some poor scammer's ego.  I'm sure he was
feeling clever using an email address with an extra "r" tucked in the name
on the address, but Marcus doesn't spell his name "loidorlt".

In any event, the message is a rip-off of a variant on the Spanish Prisoner
con that's been on the net for over two years.  The original message I saw
was for London rather than Madrid, but the opening is almost a word for word
crib of that letter.  Unimaginative and unoriginal criminality,
unfortunately, the scammer probably won't get his desserts.  Couldn't they
at least be entertaining?

Bear