[Sca-cooks] Last Minute Genovese Feast

Karen Lyons-McGann karenthechef at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:52:30 PDT 2012

Thanks for the leads so far.   I've studied Helewyse pages, very late
period, and the page on roman Cooking in the Florilegium.  Trying to steer
a course between the two is hard.  (and so much of Helewyse's advice
regarding serving a course of cold dishes from a credenza, then a single
course at table with hot dishes, followed by a third course from the
credenza very nicely solves a request for a cold feast next summer.
 Mustn't  get distracted.

I'm was following links from the Florilegium to gain an understanding of
Roman service.  Hm, also 3 courses?  Mixed light dish, then meats, then
fruits and sweets.  These are almost too conveniently similar.

trying to find referrences for chickpeas and chestnuts, which surprisingly
aren't in the Apicius (Grocock & Grainger) index.