[Sca-cooks] Travels with a Medieval Queen (was Re: Feast at Mategrifon)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 17:34:14 PDT 2012

>Funny, the Library of Congress assigns it a DDC of 945.804092 and an LCC of DG 847.16
>Worldcat also doesn't classify it as fiction.
>
>Johnnae

Well, it's really a combination; travel writing, history, and historical fiction. She's a wonderful writer (I've also read her "Bitter Almonds: Recollections and Recipes of a Sicilian Girlhood," which she co-wrote with Maria Grammatico, the pastry chef of Erice, and her first book, "On Persephone's Island"). She did study medieval history while at Radcliffe, so she has some handle on that. But I get the feeling what she'd say in "Travels with a Medieval Queen" is what she's already talked about in "Pomp and Sustenance." It's going on my reading list, though.

YIS,
Adelisa