[Sca-cooks] Medieval Ketchup Followers

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 3 12:45:05 PDT 2012

Greetings.  I have a problem with the title being "medieval Spanish"
when the blog recipes contain modern ingredients and add items that are
not in the original recipe.  Because there is no medieval recipe
included - and sometimes no medieval source - readers may believe that,
for example, cream cheese is a medieval ingredient when the original
recipe called for milk (goat or sheep) as an alternative instead of broth.

I don't doubt that the modernized recipes would taste good, but I have
too many questions about the purported ingredients to use them as
"medieval".
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com