[Sca-cooks] Skyline chili

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:31:43 PDT 2012

I grew up in Cincinnati, so am very familiar with skyline, gold star, and
empress chill cuisine. To outsiders, its consistency is more like a chili
soup or hot dog topping, unlike chili con carne. The cinnamon in it is from
its Greek owners, the Lambrinides family.
Now an amusing anecdote:
I was in Wellsville new York visiting relatives, and there is a restaurant
called Texas Hot. Also Greek owned, the chili sauce is reminiscent of
skyline chili. They looked at me funny when I discovered their "secret"
ingredient.