[Sca-cooks] Medieval Spanish Chef Changes/Corrections

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 16:28:50 PDT 2012

I am really grateful for your criticisms of my blogs.
I have corrected the ingredients in my blogs from cream cheese to "fresh
white cheese," is that ok?
I have printed out the list of recipes that are not from Spanish MSS.
There are 2 pages, ugh. What do I say when the recipe is my creation? I
suppose I am not old enough to quote me as a manuscript??
This week has been especially exhausting and expensive for me to find
the proper ingredients for my blogs during the week of 17 September. As
indicated earlier finding rabbit was a rabbit hunt! I went to the
Central Market then the market called La Vega, then the market called
the Little Vega, then the Market next to the Central Railroad Station,
to supermarkets. . . Finally a friend called me from her supermarket and
told me where they were being sold frozen, next to the sweetbreads. I
drove down there in a flash. $18 the little thing cost me weighing 1
kilo and mind you rabbits are all bones!
In the meantime I was looking for tuna fish and not the can! The Vega
had none, the market next to the Railroad Station none, the Little Vega
none. At least Central Market the fishmongers swore there was none as it
is all exported and that which remains in the country is too expensive
for people to buy. Finally, I found a lovely tuna and took the photos to
appear in that blog the week of 17 September. Fortunately, tuna has no
bones but a 1 kilo of lion cost me dear - another $18.
Next, publishing 5 times a week leaves me with food to feed an army but
by the time I am finished I am too tired to invite the army. Americans
advise I should give it to the poor. Here they would throw it back into
my face. Poor people scratch the earth to eat over cooked legumes as
their teeth are bad.
Fianlly, when you pick up my errors, I am too tired to work on
correcting them.
Total, from now on I plan to publish three times a week.
Suey