[Sca-cooks] "what have I gotten myself into?"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 25 19:03:00 PDT 2013

A thread on my local baronial mail list started when someone said "I also agree that the discussion needs to be off list, as a new person reading this is likely to be asking themself "what have I gotten myself into?"

This was part of one answer that was cooking related, that I thought folks here might appreciate.

<<< - Experiences with wonderful people all over the world who know the SCA and respond to me differently when they realize I am in the SCA. Example - I'm in the kitchens at Hampton Court Palace watching the cooking demonstration. I ask what I thought was a basic question and the cook stops, tilts his head, then asks me if I'm in the SCA. When I say yes, the rest of the demo is kicked up a notch with specific asides for me. >>>

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris