[Sca-cooks] freezing Cream cheese

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 04:24:00 PDT 2013

I recall someone asking about freezing cream cheese and a little of the discussion.

I was just going through one of My mothers cookbooks and came across an article clipped from the Nov 16, 1983 AZ Republic.  "Tips as valuable as recipes in new cookbook" the cookbook referred to is Everyday and Gourmet Microwave Cookbook by Marlene Leising.

One time says: "Cream cheese may be frozen.To thaw, remove the foil wrapper, then cook in microwave 10 to 15 seconds at a time with the dial set on high. pause between cooking times."

so cream cheese has been frozen...

Arianwen ferch Arthur

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx