[Sca-cooks] 9 percent vinegar

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 29 14:59:16 PDT 2013

When we've discussed vinegar in the past, there were comments that said that it appeared that all vinegar in the U.S. was diluted to a 5% solution.

Today, when I went looking at my local HEB grocery store for bulk vinegar to dump into my gas hot water heater to try to remove some of the mineral granules and maybe some of the buildup, I found 1 gallon jugs of distilled white vinegar that was in a 9 percent rather than a 5 percent solution.

The label said "for pickling, salads and marmalades".

It doesn't say if the vinegar was derived from petroleum, but still, it's not something I would choose to put on food products. But for cleaning…

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris