[Sca-cooks] A Nepalese view of French food

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 06:48:11 PDT 2013

The myths about C de M will be a long time dying.

I recently read an  article in a very serious reference book - I believe it
was the Larousse  Gastronomique, though I'm not sure - written by a person
with very serious  credentials and fairly recently, and it simply repeated
this as established  fact. (The most recent version of the Larousse also
preserves its gratuitously  distorted version of what is already a myth about
the croissant being invented  at a siege - originally claimed at Vienna, but
per the Larousse at  Budapest.)

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

A  History of Coffee and Other Refreshments in Early Modern France
by  Pierre Le Grand d'Aussy

In a message dated 4/30/2013 5:24:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,