[Sca-cooks] Interesting find from Bib. Palatina

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 2 11:51:27 PDT 2013

The Latin is quite poor, but a rough translation would be:

For Scottish (dish? meal?) take of beef meat and grind it well, and distemper it with eggs (these last woprds subsequently crossed out). With washed hands (probably recently washed, i.e. wet), form bullae (this could mean balls or discs, but at this point more likely discs) to roast over coals. When they are well roasted, fill white breads with them and mustard and small discs of cucumbers and onions, and with lettuce and (this word is illegible).  Some put cheese on them. They are brought to the table and eaten with the hands only.

YIS

Giano