[Sca-cooks] Grilling was Sweating meat

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Apr 14 22:48:33 PDT 2013

From the Epulario 1598
It is almost as fun as spitting eggs.

247) To rost Egges upon a gredyron.

Beat two or three new laid Egges together, and heat an empty frying pan very well, and put these beaten Egges into it, and let them spread about the frying pan as thinne as paper, and when they are baked, cut them in foure peeces and lay them on the gredyron, and breake over them as many new Egges as will lie upon them, and make a soft fire both under and over them like a Tart, and straw them with Sugar and Sinamon, and when the Egges are thick, take them off the gredyron in that maner, and send them to the Table.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net
360-402-6135 Cell