[Sca-cooks] chicken breeds in period? (sort of off-topic)

christine lopez elinorsmommy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:09:21 PDT 2013

Spellings were and still are called the chickens that fed the Roman army.
They are a period breed they are considered rare but we have enjoyed
raising them. Most of the hatcheries have them. Also the Silkies have been
around for centuries in China and have been mentioned  as being in Italy in
the 14/1500 but I can't remember the doc. It was an ag doc not a cookbook.