[Sca-cooks] Kale with bacon

Beth Harper lyndyn29 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 12:53:11 PDT 2013

One of my favorites is Italian greens and beans - sliced Italian sausage,
kale (or any greens really - I usually make it with either kale or
collards, as they have more substance than softer-leaved greens like
spinach or chard, although the year I had mad!bumper!crops!of!chard! I did
that a lot too), cooked cannellini beans, and diced tomatoes. Either brown
the sausage in a skillet and add the rest of the ingredients for a fast
stovetop version, and sprinkle with a good melty cheese like cheddar or
mozzarella before serving; or combine all the ingredients, cover with
cheese, and bake for a more casserole-like treatment. It's eaten at my
house probably twice a month, especially in fall.

There's a really lovely frittata in Anonymous Andalusian that calls for
chard, but I bet it would be excellent with kale.
http://www.medievalcookery.com/search/display.html?anony:372

Liepa
Outlands