[Sca-cooks] Kale with bacon

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Fri Aug 2 21:36:29 PDT 2013

I eat kale all kinds of ways. With tuna on top, some olive oil and lemon
juice. Sauteed with garlic next to steak. With dried cranberries and chicken
breast.

A place near me has pasta with cheese, sausage and bits of kale. Works out
very nicely.

There's other promising dark greens. several of which I know from 18th
century recipes, notably varieties of chard. Sorrel's hard to find here, but
it's got a lemony edge which is nice. And of course collards, which are often
 cooked with lard or fatback. Probably works similarly with kale.

Jim  Chevallier

Comparing early and late medieval food in France
_http://www.chezjim.com/food/pre-v/comparisons.html

In a message dated 8/2/2013 12:53:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
One of  my favorites is Italian greens and beans - sliced Italian sausage,
kale (or  any greens really - I usually make it with either kale or
collards, as they  have more substance than softer-leaved greens like
spinach or  chard,