[Sca-cooks] More Kale

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 14:06:26 PDT 2013

I love making Kale chips. I make them as a replacement to potato chips as I am trying to cut back on carb/starches and lose weight. I strip off the leaves, add a little olive oil, then add some spices like onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and a very little salt. Then spread out on a baking dish and put in oven at about 350. Watch them. They take like ten minutes or so. Careful about burning them tho I tend to like them just before the charcoal stage.

I read someplace that you can put the oven at a preheat like 450, put kale in, but turn oven off. Leave in hot but off oven for like 15 minutes and they don't burn.

--Machime (Mercy)

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse any typos or odd autocorrection errors