[Sca-cooks] Black-eyed peas recipes?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Aug 13 07:47:39 PDT 2013

According to at least one source I found on line, "haricot" in France
applies to beans in general, not to the particular bean (aka "navy
bean") that it usually applies to in the U.S.

If Scully is using it in that sense, then it isn't very informative.

On 8/12/13 8:41 PM, James Prescott wrote:

> Scully's interpretation of 'fagioli' / 'faggioli' / 'faggiuoli'.
>
> On 2013-08-12 21:35, David Friedman wrote:
>>
>> On 8/12/13 5:23 PM, James Prescott wrote:
>>> The two Opera recipes appear to be for dried broad beans and dried
>>> haricot beans.
>> "Haricot" seems to be a somewhat ambiguous label, and at least some
>> sources say it's from central America.

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/