[Sca-cooks] Sandwich anyone

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 1 10:49:50 PDT 2013

On 8/1/2013 9:59 AM, Johnna Holloway wrote:
> Silly season is about over for 2013 but we can contemplate sandwiches before it closes.
>
> August is apparently National Sandwich Month.
> (I read it on the Internet-- it must be right. Article from 2012 says so right here
> http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/national-sandwich-month-11251493 )
>
> So here's a list from one of my sources that came in the mailbox today.
>
> http://www.thrillist.com/food/nation/national-sandwich-day
> ---
>
> But still should cheesesteak really outrank Italian beef?
>
> Johnnae
> ____________

I think that is about Marketing.  Philly cheesesteak went national years
ago, but only people in or near [or from] Chicago know about Italian
Beef sandwiches.  Which is too bad, they're delicious. There's a Chicago
Diner near our local fighter practice in Beautiful Downtown Burbank, so
yes I have had them.

I think the Po' Boy is rich these days too.  Funny about that, isn't
it?  The seafood that used to be dirt cheap is now luxury goods.  My
almost-stepson and I were watching Cooking Channel last night and
apparently he has never had a Po'Boy before.  We must remedy this.

Cheers,
Selene Colfox, Caid