[Sca-cooks] Beans and Flour

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 20:36:36 PDT 2013

Bear said:
<<< Might I suggest White Lily flour rather than cake flour.  It's the lowest
protein, highest starch flour I've encountered.  It's more common in the
South, but recently found some a a gourmet culinary shop. >>>

This may say more about how often I buy flour than anything else, but is the amount of protein/starch given on the flour sack? Or can you only go by such titles as "cake flour", "hard"? or "soft" flour? or by selecting specific brand names?

I can see where someone's "cake flour" might differ in composition from someone else's.

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com