[Sca-cooks] Herring in Wine Sauce

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Fri Aug 30 23:41:39 PDT 2013

Many options.

Personally, I often eat them straight from the jar.  Second favourite,
laid on something like a slice of fresh baguette, that slice being
generously buttered.

My personal choice should not be taken to imply the exclusion of other
modes of eating.

I'll only eat one or two at a time, so a jar might last a week or two.

I more often eat the ones not in wine sauce, but that entirely a matter
of personal taste.

I refrigerate mine after opening, because I'm like that.

I can't speak to how period it might be.

Thorvald