[Sca-cooks] A "Hidden" Ivan Day Blog

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 22 16:31:17 PDT 2013

Greetings! We've noted Ivan Day's swan blog
(http://foodhistorjottings.blogspot.com/) for 21 August, but I
completely passed by his post on 20 August, "Of Lumbard Pies, Green
Puddings and Pennyroyal Dumplings". It's another detailed blog about
pies, contents, and shapes with promises of even more detailed
information coming in the near future.

There's discussion of pennyroyal which we, in the Midrealm, are warned
not to use, although some Brits seem to survive its ingestion. While
most of the topic is 17th century, there is some dipping into recipes by
May (1650). Take a look!

Alys Katharine
--
Elise Fleming