[Sca-cooks] What period foods were/weren't recommended for pregnancy?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 31 20:42:18 PDT 2013

Phlip asked Ranvaig:
<<< Jeeze- was he pregnant? >>>

Which brings up another question that I don't think I've seen discussed here, although this might be mentioned more in the health manuals than cookbooks, but what foods were recommended for pregnant women? Or not recommended?

These food suggestions might be wrapped up in humoral theories, but I'm more of a feeling that what got suggested were the foods that the woman could digest and keep down (mild tasting?) and excused by humoral theory later. After all it was an oft repeated experiment.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris