[Sca-cooks] The Pomegranate Tool

Melinda Smith mkvanden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 12:52:56 PST 2013

I grew pomegranates when I lived in CA.  IMO, the best way to seed and
juice them is to score the skin, place in a sink full of tepid water and
then break them apart (under water)...let them stand a bit them seed them
under water.  You can skim most of the  peel from the/skin from the water
surface because the seeds sink to the bottom.  You can put the seeds in a
blender, and strain that gunk through cheese cloth.  Ta da, you're ready to
do whatever.  The juice can be frozen for later use.  I was quite fond on
Pomegranate Jelly.

Serafina Rossi

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Patricia Dunham <chimene at ravensgard.org>wrote:

> looks to me like you could get the same effect from putting a half-inch
> grid plastic-coated cooling rack on top of any old bowl and whacking the
> pom. directly with the flat spoon...
>
> yeah, unitasker, meh!
>
> chimene
>
> On Dec 4, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Susan Lin wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't spend my money on it.  It's a unitasker. ...

" *Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and
start bragging about it."* Will Rogers